Are you interested in opening a trading and demat account but unsure about which stockbroker to select? This post will cover all your bases. We will talk about the top 10 stock brokers in India for opening trading and demat accounts today (2022).
a real ranking of the top share brokers in India in 2022 based on the volume of live clients. Since 2019, Zerodha has ranked as the #1 stock broker among all brokers in India. Upstox, Angel One, ICICIdirect, and Groww come after Zerodha.
People have been flocking to the stock market and looking for investments through the top 10 stock brokers in India due to the stock market’s spectacular returns, variety of investment alternatives, and ease of liquidity. Because investing in stocks is a technical procedure, you must contact with the top stock broker in India. Trading support is necessary because stock trading can be dangerous. Herein lies the role of the Top 10 Stock Brokers in India.
While Discount Services Brokers are online brokers that solely deal in stocks and commodities trading services, Full Services Brokers provide all types of services, including stock trading and research trading with local support. They exclude from their list of services research and advisory, wealth management, PMS, and branch support.
Top 10 Stock Brokers in India – Review of Best Stock broker in India 2022
|1||ICICI Direct||9.85 / 10||Zero||Buy Stocks Now, Pay Later with Margin Funding, eATM facility|
|2||m.Stock||9.85/10||Free||Zero brokerage for life including Intraday and FnO|
|3||5Paisa||8.25 / 10||Free||Quick Option Trade, Margin Plus, Lowest Funding, Smart option chain|
|4||Zerodha||9.85 / 10||Free||AppBest stock broker , 45 Lakh customers ,Best trading platform|
|5||Angel One||9.50 / 10||Free||Low brokerage, Customer service, Best trading app|
|6||Upstox||9.53 / 10||Free||Equity MF free Free demat customer friendly|
|7||HDFC Securities||8.15 / 10||0.04 paise||Quick support , instant demat account|
|8||INVEZT||9.30 / 10||Rs 1/Order||Best customer service, fastest trading platform|
|9||Groww||8.70 / 10||Rs.20/order||Best mutual fund platform , fastest growing broker|
|10||Kotak Securities||8.05 / 10||Free||Free account opening, Free AMC, Free API and ZERO brokerage|
In India, stock brokers mostly fall into two categories: discount brokers and full-service or traditional brokers.
List of Top 10 Discount Brokers in India
The top 10 discount brokers in India are renowned for providing lower brokerage fees and better investing tools than other brokers. With cheap brokers, you may either place an order over the phone with a broker or trade online using an automated trading system.
1. Zerodha Review 2022
With the most clients, Zerodha is the top stock broker. The notion of discount broking was developed by Zerodha in 2010. For investments in stocks and mutual funds, Zerodha does not charge a brokerage fee; instead, it charges a flat rate of Rs 20 per intraday and F&O trade. Let’s look at our in-depth review of Zerodha.
Zerodha claims to oversee a daily turnover of INR 1K crore in commodities and INR 12K crore in stocks, with a total client base of more than 10 lakh. A well-known participant in the NSE, BSE, and Multi Commodity Exchange is Zerodha (MCX).
According to Zerodha Review’s analysis of the company’s financial records, Zerodha reported a Profit After Tax (PAT) of more than INR 100 crore for the fiscal year 2018–19.
These astounding numbers unmistakably demonstrate how effective the discount broker is in the stock brokerage sector today. Over $100 million in revenue is generated by Zerodha each year.
You can trade and invest on Zerodha in the following sectors:
- Derivative Trading
- Mutual Funds
- Government Securities (Latest Inclusion)
Zerodha Review by Customer Ratings
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||9.5 / 10|
|Research & Advisory||9.3 / 10|
|Product & Services||9.5/ 10|
|Trading Platforms||9.2 / 10|
|Broking Experience||9.7/ 10|
How to open Demat Account with Zerodha?
The opening of a Zerodha Account can be done entirely online and more quickly with Aadhar-Esign. Following application submission, account opening typically takes between 24 and 48 hours. The procedure to open a demat account with Zerodha is outlined below in detail.
- The pop-up form must first be completed in order to open a Zerodha demat account.
- Later, if the online application form requires an electronic signature, you will need your Aadhaar number.
- ensuring that the PAN Number and Name are recorded accurately on the PAN Card,
- Your most recent bank account statement OR a scan of a cancelled check bearing your name must be provided. Please be aware that your application will be denied if the check does not include your name and the bank documentation does not include the IFSC and MICR codes. It indicates that the check needs to be customised.
- Either one of the following needs to be uploaded in order to enable the Futures and Options segment: * A copy of your latest 6-month Bank Statement or Passbook; OR *A Copy of your form 16; OR *A copy of your net worth Certificate; OR *A copy of your last salary slip; OR *A copy of your latest ITR acknowledgement;
- Personalized Signature
- Once you’ve submitted everything, wait for the document verification. You will receive your login information to access your trading or demat account once verification is successful.
Zerodha Account Opening Charges
We have mentioned all of the account opening and AMC fees that Zerodha charges in this review.
|Account Opening & AMC Charges|
|Trading & Demat Account opening Charges||Rs 200|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 300|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|